The Robin W. and Avril Flockton Winks Award is to provide a current Fulbright New Zealand graduate student in the field of humanities and/or social sciences with further assistance towards research costs and book purchases. One award valued at US$1,500 is granted each year.
The Lois Roth Endowment sponsors this award in honour of one of its founding trustees and a Fulbright alumnus to New Zealand, Robin W. Winks, and his New Zealand wife Avril Flockton Winks.
The award is granted towards advanced academic study or independent research into humanities and/or social sciences in the US, preferably in comparative studies between New Zealand and the US.
To be eligible, you must:
- be the recipient of a current Fulbright New Zealand graduate award; and
- be studying in the field of Humanities and/or Social Sciences, preferably in comparative studies between New Zealand and the US.
- A one-off payment of US$1,500 payable by the Lois Roth Endowment upon the recipient’s arrival in the US.
- You must complete a year-end report to the Lois Roth Endowment outlining expenditure of the award and progress in your studies.
- Following the selection of grantees for Fulbright New Zealand graduate awards, our graduate awards Programme Manager will contact all eligible applicants and provide them with an application form.
- Selections will be made by the Lois Roth Endowment and the recipient notified in June of the year they will take up their graduate award.