Membership of the Fulbright New Zealand Alumni Association is open to full members, associate members and corporate/organisation members.
Full membership is open to any person who:
- is or was the recipient of a New Zealand-United States educational or cultural exchange award administered by Fulbright New Zealand ie. Fulbright or Fulbright-Hays Awards and Ian Axford, Eisenhower, Kennedy and Harkness Fellowships; or
- is or was a participant, grantee or beneficiary of similar or related programmes operated under the auspices of the United States Government including the International Visitor Leadership Programme and the Voluntary Visitor Programme.
Associate membership is open to any person who supports Senator Fulbright’s vision for international educational exchange and the mission of Fulbright New Zealand.
Corporate/Organisation membership is open to any company or organisation that supports Senator Fulbright’s vision for international educational exchange and supports the mission of Fulbright New Zealand. The benefits of Corporate/Organisation membership include up to 10 people from within the company or organisation being involved in Association events.
Each full, associate and corporate/organisation member pays a subscription that is determined annually. The current annual subscriptions are:
- $50 for Full or Associate members;
- $30 for student/unwaged Full or Associate members;
- $500 for Corporate/Organisation members.
The annual subscription for Full or Associate members is reduced for longer-term renewals of membership:
- $220 – 5 years;
- $400 – 10 years;
- $750 – lifetime.
Any recipient of an award or fellowship that entitles them to full membership receives the benefits of membership for the first year after their return to their home country at the completion of their award without having to pay the annual membership subscription and is then invited to become a full member of the association.
An application for membership can be made by completing the following form:
Please return your completed application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:
Fulbright New Zealand Alumni Association
PO Box 5192